An expert in work force management and contact centre planning practices, processes and technologies, the Workforce Planning Manager drives the delivery of the Contact Strategy, working with stakeholders to develop the demand planning process. Key stakeholder in contact reduction plans in a multi-channel and multi-disciplinary contact centre. You will own the budgeting, re-forecasting and performance management for our client's contact centres and onshore/offshore BPOs. The Workforce Planning Manager will be responsible for ensuring baseline management for all budget, business case, operational readiness and enterprise delivery models.
Partner with HR on workforce planning, system and process to ensure ongoing engagement with business leaders.
Evaluate methods, resources, and develop the strategies to deliver high quality talent to the business on time. Sources could include direct labour, internal talent pools, staff augmentation via contingent workers, temporary/contract employees and outsourcing.
Specific Tasks/ Duties:
- The Workforce Planning Manager will drive the continuous improvement of a standard suite of long term forecasting customer demand models verses actual performance.
- This role plans the operational forecasts and provides reconciliation of contact centres and BPOs to ensure commercial delivery to agreed contractual targets, service levels and budget performance.
- Lead & support the development of the contact strategy, call demand and FTE plan for the annual budget and long range plans and bi-yearly re-forecast processes
- Prepare, present and deliver call demand and FTE budget / forecast to ensure service is protected and where needed, the implementation of service recovery initiatives
- Ensure standardisation of the existing budget reporting structure and the development of meaningful budgetary and operational KPIs
- Provide detailed variance analysis and highlight / investigate any significant variances to planned performance
- Embed across the business, robust operational readiness delivery ethos aligned to the budget assumptions, underpinned by well understood contingency assumptions and operational performance analysis
- Carry-out independent reconciliation and ad-hoc auditing of invoices from third party outsource partners to ensure accuracy and insight on operational performance
- Fully engaged and working closely with our BPO partner teams, you will oversee best in class planning and forecasting processes, systems and compliance
- Demonstrate appropriate balance of challenge and support with stakeholders/partners in business performance and process adherence
- Support any business case preparation / operational readiness contingency planning for changes in operations or commercial management of our third party contracts
- Deliver forecasts and capacity plans to enable the timely and on-going recruitment and training of appropriately skilled staff across all Operations areas to ensure customer demand is met
- Third level qualification in business related field required or the equivalent 10 years professional working experience at management level in this field.
- Excellent interpersonal, people management and organisational skills
- Must have minimum 5 years professional work experience in a workforce management discipline or in call centre operations environment with experience of enterprise scheduling and forecasting tools and systems
- You will have a proven track record of designing, re-engineering and implementing a robust contact demand, FTE and contact centre SLA budgeting and forecasting processes, within a dynamic and consumer led environment at functional and enterprise levels.
- Proven experience across all types of Operational Customer Contact including Voice, Digital, Back Office Transactions, Truck Rolls.
- Experience of planning for onshore, nearshore and offshore operations is an advantage.
- Experience of multiple planning and commercial models, FTE, line adherence, transactional, risk and reward.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, complex data sets and/or forecasting methodologies with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- You will have experience in leading business demand management activities, preferably in the media environment
- You will have strong analytical skills, unwavering attention to detail and problem solving skills. You enjoy working with statistics and have a strong track record in bringing commercial clarity and insight to data
- Ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within the business and external service providers / third party partners. Will contribute and influence senior managers using your insights and data; is an independent thinker with the desire to drive results together.
- Advanced Excel, reporting and presentation preparation skills as well as being a proficient/expert user of Microsoft Office tools and other relevant technical data tools.
- Ability to objectively assess performance, define improvements and implement change
- Experienced in the development/implementation of Contact Centre systems: Totalview IEX, Cisco (onshore), Avaya (offshore).
Strategy, Planning & Organising, Customer Service
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.