Kelly Services is currently recruiting for a Technical Support Supervisor to join a automation and instrumentation company based in Leixlip, Co. Kildare, Ireland. The companies client base is extensive and covers every key sector of the water, wastewater industry.
The role will include administrative duties, providing technical support, scheduling of engineers, preparing RAMS, liaising with customers and staff. You will be expected to understand the works we do and assist with solutions based on what the company offers i.e. electrical and instrumentation.
We will provide in-house training on our services and products, however, the candidate must have technical know-how or ability to understand technical issues. You will need to diagnose the customers issues and requirements to ensure we assist with the appropriate personnel and solution. This will involve capturing accurate details and notes from the customer, so attention to detail is a must. The success of the Service team will be based on aligned priorities, clear communication and managing internal/external expectations.
- Initial first phase technical support to customers to diagnose incoming call issues.
- Liaising with customer from logging initial calls to arranging/modifying the schedule for engineers to attend callouts & maintenance works, while managing customers' expectations.
- Generating service call ticket and arranging site visit
- Be liaison between customer and field base support staff
- Assisting with quotes and up selling products, chasing quotes.
- Support field-based staff with work query's, RAMS, arranging parts & training needs
- Supervision of the team including general administration support, monitoring performance and skills and delivering feedback.
- Assisting with accounts to arrange completion of paperwork, dealing with queries to assist invoicing and processing of field engineers reports and expenses.
- Customer relations, build and maintain.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
- A trade qualification, degree or someone who has previously worked in a service department with field based technical staff would be best suited to the role
- The role is fully office based and will involve administrative duties along with some technical competencies.
- Previous experience in the water or wastewater industry is desirable, but not essential.
- Must be a strong communicator with an ability to multi-task and prioritise in a busy office environment
- Previous supervisory experience an advantage
- Proven ability to identify an issue and show initiative to find the solution.
- Be a punctual, motivated, and organised self-starter who is enthusiastic and conscientious about completing work on time and to a high standard.
- Demonstrate a positive approach to work and be able to work well unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Must be proficient using MS Office applications
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.