The chemist will provide analytical support to the Technical Services group, as well as assisting with analytical requirements when required by other departments within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare method transfer protocols and execute the same.
- To prepare method transfer reports.
- To develop and validate methods as required.
- To be involved in internal investigations e.g. Out of Specifications, Incidents & Deviation investigations etc.
- To ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with the required standards conforming to company, cGxP, SOPs, regulatory regulations and guidelines, safety and environmental guidelines.
- To identify and make recommendations for improvements as part of a team within or outside the department in order to ensure continuous improvement.
- To check own work and that of others for accuracy.
- To assist in the preparation of internal / customer/ regulatory inspections.
- To draft, review or revise documentation within the EirGen documentation management system
- To report any Deviations/Out of Specifications to Team Lead/ Manager.
- Health & Safety
- Implement safety requirements as per site documentation including SOPs, Safety Statement and COPs
- Report any defects or potential hazards
- Qualified to a minimum of honours degree level in Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical science or related discipline.
- At least two years experience working in a related technical environment is preferable but not essential.
- Proficient in the use of HPLC/GC & associated problem solving
- Practical experience with Empower software
- Experience with method development/ validation/ transfers
- Proficient with dissolution testing
- Strong analytical ability
- Quality orientation
- Knowledge & proficiency of Microsoft products including, Excel, Word & Powerpoint.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.