Our client a medical device company based in the South of Ireland have an excellent opportunity for Supply Chain Manager on a permanent basis.
The Supply Chain manager will ensure the maximising of all opportunities to improve quality and service levels whilst reducing costs by evaluating and managing all supply chain processes. They will be responsible for managing the supply chain function including strategic sourcing, procurement, planning, and MRP.
Buyer / Planner Performance
- Responsibility for leading a technical team in achieving business and operational objectives.
- Implement and maintain a lean manufacturing system within the supply chain environment.
- Ensure non value added activity is reduced in all related processes by using lean / kaizen tools and techniques.
- Take responsibility for supply chain costs and conformance with budgets and targets.
- Introduce new targets and KPI's to measure performance.
- Negotiate with suppliers the best possible price for all materials ensuring compliance to required standard of quality.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Schedule production efficiently with Operations to achieve customer demand targets (OTD) and associated product mix.
- Entry and confirmation of orders in order management system Planning and scheduling the optimum capacity of plant equipment
- Liaise with engineering department to assist with the introduction of new products and equipment.
- Support engineering to deliver yield, NPI and efficiency goals.
- Identify new manufacturing agents to improve throughput and increase tool life while driving down costs ensuring compliance to quality requirements.
- Prepare Project Status & relevant reports for Management reviews.
- Present, where appropriate, technical data to internal / external audit and inspection groups as required
- Comply with all relevant training requirements and adhere to relevant associated documentation.
- Ensure that supply chain personnel are aware of and adhere to all procedures and GMP requirements.
- Promote & maintain awareness and compliance of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Policies in accordance with best practice and legal requirement.
- Promote and uphold company performance standards and ideology (on time delivery, quality, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, housekeeping & work ethic).
- Manage, Motivate and Develop the Supply Chain Team.
- Provide technical leadership for supply chain personnel.
- Identify individual training needs.
- Implement, monitor and review training and development plans.
- Conduct and record annual performance appraisals.
- Develop harmonious inter-departmental working relationships within operations and other functions, and ensure employees within supply chain have the necessary information and resources to effectively perform their jobs.
- Address any staff discipline or grievance issue, maintaining appropriate records in accordance with company procedures.
- Establish goals and objectives for self and team and implement accordingly to help support / improve job performance (experience, ability, competence).
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional
- Minimum 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Experience with FDA and ISO quality system requirements - Preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Accredited Lean / Six Sigma qualification (Green Belt or Higher) - a distinct advantage.
- Excellent written, organization, and computer skills
- Experience in working with customers.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.