We are seeking a Senior Technical Analyst (Cell Biologist) to work in our Biosafety (In-Vitro Adventitious Agent) Laboratory located in Ballina, Co. Mayo, Ireland to complete the establishment of a new suite of laboratories within strict timelines and to manage the laboratory once established. They will be responsible, along with a Laboratory Supervisor and Junior analyst for expanding the laboratory to GMP standards.
We are expanding our Biosafety (In-Vitro Adventitious Agent) line of business at the Ballina site and are now expanding our Virology and Mycoplasma laboratories to cater for our client's growing needs for testing. These assays will include cell culture, viral and mycoplasma methods.
The team will be responsible for the development and validation of new viral and mycoplasma methods for clients, execution of routine validated Biosafety Assays and for the day to day running of the laboratory. All new roles will be involved in both the culture of cells and in performing the end-point analysis e.g. CPE, plaque assay and DNA staining.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Generation and maintenance of mammalian cell banks
- Generation and analysis of viral stocks for routine adventitious agents testing
- Qualification of all cell, virus and mycoplasma banks for use in AVA and Mycoplasma testing.
- Establishment of Test Method SOPs and validation of methods.
- Maintenance and propagation of antibiotic free cell cultures.
- Competent in microscopic evaluation of mammalian cells and viral infections (e.g. CPE, Plaque assays, haemadsorption)
- Carrying out virus and mycoplasma based test method procedures.
- Provide technical training to team as required.
- Receipt and processing of test samples in LIMS.
- Update current standard operating procedures.
- MSc in a relevant science discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Experience in cell culture techniques essential (antibiotic free highly desirable).
- Experience in in-vitro bioassays and project management highly desirable.
- Experience in virology and biosafety testing requirements highly desirable.
- Knowledge of biosafety classifications and Code of Practice for the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Biological Agents) Regulations 2013 (S.I. No. 572 of 2013) desirable.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.