We are recruiting for a Senior Quality Engineer for a medical device company in Galway City.
Dutie and Responsibilities:
- Lead and drive QA initiatives within area of functional responsibility.
- Provide quality input and support to the manufacturing, engineering, prototype and commercial functions.
- Lead and coordinate preparing & on-going maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans.
- Investigating root cause of quality issues and following through with timely and effective corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence for customer and internal issues.
- Strategically lead new product introduction and contract reviews from a QA perspective.
- Preparing and updating Operations procedures and associated documentation.
- Overall responsibility for functional area GMP standards and compliance including the promotion of Quality Awareness.
- Establishing inspection standards, plans, frequencies and test methods.
- Reporting functional are Quality metrics.
- Preparation of Quality reports for Operations meetings and management reviews.
- Have a good working knowledge of ISO/FDA/MDD and other Product Development related regulatory requirements
- Develop strong links with customer organisations and other project stakeholders.
- Understanding of standard metrology good practice.
- Quality review of functional area validation documentation.
- Performing and supporting internal and external audits to ISO and FDA requirements.
- Performing an active role in further development and continuous improvement of the quality management system.
- Support Operations area projects and initiatives i.e. Kaizen, CFPS etc.
- Supervision and direction of Quality personnel.
- Other tasks as directed by the Operations Quality Manager in line with company goals and objectives.
- Degree in Science / Engineering or related fields essential.
- Minimum of 5yrs industry experience in a medical device-manufacturing environment.
- Clear understanding medical device quality systems and requirements, including measurement techniques, would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong CAPA experience.
- Strong root cause analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of FDA and ISO Quality systems for Medical device companies desirable.
- New product introduction and manufacturing process transfer experience desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and ability to work on own initiative essential.
- Supervisory experience desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.