The Senior Project/Programme Manager is responsible for the clear planning and delivery of the project programmes, for the planning, coordination, and execution of all ongoing projects across different departments.
The Senior Project Manager (PM) is responsible for coordinating and managing a portfolio of Projects ranging in value and complexity while also taking responsibility for delivery of selected projects.
The Senior Project Manager should be able to identify, manage, and mitigate individual projects, programmes or cross-programme risks and issues to facilitate the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects.
Reports to the Head of Operations and works with Project Managers to support the initiation & tracking and delivery of all projects within the portfolio.
- Lead the execution of the PM process, reporting and review framework to provide a holistic view of all organisations project activity
- Leads the delivery of the programme/project through active leadership and involvement in specific initiatives to ensure they meet time, cost, and quality requirements, and maximise benefit delivery.
- Leads, mentor and manages a team of project management professionals and ensures compliance to standards, policies, and processes.
- Builds and leads a high performing, collaborative, delivery team, who may be directly managed, or matrix managed.
- Monitors performance across programmes in the portfolio to enable tracking of the strategy execution and provides updates to senior management.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, coordinates project stakeholders effectively and may also act as support representative in key governance and decision meetings.
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated
- Ensures each project in the portfolio is delivered to expected timelines and within approved budgets.
- Provides education in PM method, process & tools
- Contributes to Project Closure activity, particularly Lessons Learned & Re-use
- Reviews project & programme status & outlook regularly throughout the Project Lifecycle, provides advice, support and guidance to the PM throughout
- Ensures each project is managed from beginning to end including unexpected events, site general performance, and overall progress against plan.
- Ensure project records including health and safety records are maintained for full life of project.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience managing Automation, IT Infrastructure or Bespoke IT Projects
- Minimum 7 Years' experience in large scale Project/Programme Management with overall 10+ years of industry experience
- Associated Degree and equivalent work experience. Knowledge of Project Management Methodology -PRINCE 2/PMI/Lean
- Understands the need to provide clarity of direction whilst balancing between resources, costs, scope, risk and timescales.
- Significant business experience using various project and program management methodologies in a variety of environments.
- Proven ability to manage dispersed teams
- Focused on delivery - find ways to move the project forward rather than inform 10 people and wait. No box tickers.
- Strong communicator and influencer at every level - focus on delivery and bring all stakeholders with them.
- Strong enough to stand up for best practice
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.