Kelly Services are recruiting for a Senior Moulding Engineer for a Galway based Medical Device company. The role will directly support moulding activities within the design engineering team. The engineer will be responsible for new mould designs from the initial Concept through DFM, development to process setup, validation and eventual transfer to production of new moulded parts for key customers.
- Collaboration with the CAD / Design / Process Development and Validation teams to ensure best DFM practices are applied to all new moulded parts.
- Support the Lead and Commercial teams to build proposals and unit prices.
- Scope out the equipment and tooling requirements moulding projects.
- Provide the interface with the tooling house in the design, provision and sign-off for mould tooling.
- Complete product validations from generating of process windows through IQ / OQ / PQ protocols and reports.
- Provision of clear documentation including operating procedures, test methods, setup sheets, PM procedures that comply with GMP principles.
- Derive test methods for verification of moulded parts and be familiar with measurement systems such as Smart-scope, Toolmakers Microscope and Shadowgraph.
- Knowledge and experience of lean six sigma tools a distinct advantage.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production / problem solving team would be very desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and Implement decisions.
- Working knowledge of measurement system (Smartscope, Shadow Graph etc.).
- Participate in root cause and corrective action to analyze quality/ design problems.
- Polymer Engineering level 8 degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years' Process Development / Manufacturing experience.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Project management skills and the ability to lead and direct a diverse team.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.