Kelly Services are recruiting for a Senior Accountant, with fluency in German and English, for a Dublin based pharmaceutical client.
This Senior Accountant (German Speaker essential) is part of a newly formed Accounting Center of Expertise (CoE). The role of the Accounting CoE is to ensure accuracy and integrity of US GAAP and statutory financial statements for entities across EMEA region, provide expertise in complex accounting matters and decisions, and build strong partnership with Shared Service Centre, local country finance, commercial and other functional organizations to support financial and accounting processes in compliance with US GAAP and statutory requirements and company's policies and procedures.
* Support the Controller and the team in executing US GAAP, statutory and tax accounting and reporting for the entities in scope; ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the reporting.
* Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls.
* Work closely with Shared Service Centres and Service Delivery partners in execution of end to end finance processes.
* Participate in resolution of complex accounting and tax issues.
* Participate in local, regional and global projects, as required.
* Be an advocate of finance function.
* Maintain focus on continuous process improvement.
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
* Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit.
* Good knowledge of US GAAP and tax matters.
* Knowledge of local GAAPs for the countries in scope.
* Proven team leader.
* Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and "can do" mind-set.
* Fluent in both written and spoken English and German.
* Strong reporting tools including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Master's degree in Finance/Accounting or part qualified /qualified ACCA/CIMA.
* Experience in JDE and Pega Tools, Audit experience and work record within a big 4 company are all definite advantages.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.