Job Title: RTR Senior Manager
The Strategic Objective of Global Financial Solutions (GFS) is to provide value adding financial services in an efficient and effective model that supports the company's growth and enables our business partners to deliver their strategic imperatives.
General Job Requirements:
Reporting to the RTR Associate Director, Global Financial Solutions (GFS), this position will be responsible for the successful operation of the Record to Report (RTR) function in the International Shared Service Centre located in Cork,
- Oversight and review of the Statutory accounts process for multiple markets
- Provide guidance and direction to the RTR and Finance teams in market
- Liaise with external and internal advisors as required
- Manages, prepares, administers, and directs the accounting close and financial reporting process for the markets within their responsibilities
- Reviews and approves relevant Journals and account reconciliations for the market(s) within their responsibility
- The development of strong relationships with key stakeholders, in particular with market finance teams across EMEA, APAC and US. Ability to quickly establish credibility with and influence diverse audiences.
- The recruitment, retention, motivation, performance management and development of staff to operate the RTR processes within his/her team
- Coordination of Balance Sheet Reviews with the relevant Controller and Market Finance Leads for respective Market(s)
- Review of tax calculations (VAT, Corporation tax) and oversight of related filings
- Review of the VAT preparation and filing processes for entities within remit
- Maintains ledger integrity and ensures financial compliance with the worldwide Controller's manual and to all applicable laws and regulations
- Helps develop, maintain and assess internal controls related to our client's accounting and financial reporting systems
- Manage the overall process effectively, reporting KPI's and enhancing and streamlining the effectiveness of processes within the remit of RTR
- Recommend changes in processes and/or policies that identify and utilize technologies that will provide efficiencies;
- Develop, measure, report and consistently meet appropriate service level targets for all major processes;
- Responsibility for Accounting SOX Compliance and controls for all markets within the SSC
- Supports initiatives on continuous improvement and operational excellence
Knowledge, experience, competencies:
- 8+ years of relevant experience and Finance/Business degree or MBA
- Qualified Accountant
- People management experience
- Proven accounting principles and practices, knowledge of US GAAP.
- In-depth knowledge of local statutory and tax reporting requirements
- Detailed knowledge and experience of SOX Compliance
- Experience of dealing with external and internal audit functions is critical
- Working knowledge and experience of Oracle / SAP or similar ERP product is necessary
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical industry an advantage
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required
- Established experience preferably within a Multinational Company
- Ability to Interacts successfully with non-financial personnel as well as with internal and external auditors
- A champion for the Shared Services philosophy and architecture for Finance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - the ability to work effectively across multiple functions and different cultures
- This role requires a flexible and adaptable individual, an individual who has strong peripheral vision to allow them to capture accounting related matters in newly established markets and work closely with the outsource providers to ensure local compliance.
- Self-starter and able to act on own initiative
- Proven analytical ability and creative problem solving skills.
- Self-driven with high levels of integrity, excellence and teamwork.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously, working under pressure and to meet strict reporting deadlines
- Project Management skills and experience desirable
- Ability to travel is necessary
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.