Kelly Services are currently recruiting for a permanent R&D Biomaterials Technician for our Galway based medical device client.
The successful candidate will join the engineering team to assist prototyping activities. This will involve working closely with engineering teams working on Design Services and R&D projects on site by providing technical support to prototyping and research activities. The position will be diverse, rewarding and present an opportunity to acquire significant skills in the development of Biomaterial coatings and processes for use in Medical Devices.
The R&D Technician will be expected to implement and maintain high-quality standards across all products and services and will have the opportunity to support a world-class Biomaterial coatings R&D and testing lab facility through a phase of rapid expansion and growth due to new business activities.
The successful candidate will have a scientific or engineering background, a keen eye for detail and a willingness to acquire new skills and learn on a daily basis.
The R&D Technician will be principally engaged in the following tasks:
- Prepare solutions, specimens and samples for testing.
- Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment and practices.
- Take Ownership for the organisation, cleanliness and storage of all lab equipment, materials and surfaces.
- Perform mechanical testing to support product development.
- Support ongoing process development and prototype manufacturing.
- Document experiments and results in Laboratory notebooks with full trace-ability.
- Conduct searches on identified topics relevant to the research.
- Ensure strict adherence to relevant safety procedures.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALITIES
A degree in chemistry, life sciences or engineering with at least one year experience in the medical device industry or similar highly regulated environment.
- Candidate must be highly motivated with good computer literacy and communication skills.
- An understanding of the requirements of GLP and GMP.
- Scientific rigor, attention to detail and a willingness to acquire new skills and learn on a daily basis is a key requirement for this role.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.