Title: Quality Manager
Location: Co. Clare
Summary: The successful candidate will report to the General Manager and uphold and improve quality through operational responsibility, strategic contribution, and technical expertise.
- Working with QC Supervisor in managing the Quality Control Department to ensure the following: accurate and timely testing, reduction in number of retests, planning and scheduling of each test, establish and develop systems for organisation of tests.
- Manage and develop reports including coaching, motivating to ensure upskilling and training in order to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Managing Quality Assurance to include the following: take total responsibility for the processing, analysis, and reduction of both internal and external complaints, identify, and eliminate causes of complaints, compliance, and maintenance of ISO9001 certification and ISO17025 ISO17034 accreditation's, guarantee quality systems are fully compliant with business objectives and are continuously adjusted to support business needs.
- In charge of implementing, maintaining and enhance the IS017025, ISO17034 Quality Management Systems and ensure compliance with quality standards and guidelines. This comprises of preparations, applications, implementation, maintenance, and management of all new accreditation's.
- Manage and develop the Technical Services department to make sure planning and implementation of Metrology Centre of Excellence and to supply best in class technical service to the business and accurate, efficient investigation and reporting of complaints and technical issues which may arise.
- To promote efficiency and effectiveness in each area of responsibility - relevant measures, monitoring and enhanced use of technology and/or mechanisation, in particular the QC and QA Department.
- Making sure all company policies, procedures, housekeeping and health and safety standards are met.
- Continuously contributing to and/or leading cross functional teams on projects when required.
- As a member of the leadership/management team, provide contribution to the strategic planning process.
- Take ownership for QUALIMS system and make sure compliance is upheld across all relevant processes.
- Additional responsibilities that may be required by the Managing Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years laboratory management experience.
- 5 years of senior management experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience with quality, accreditation's, technical skills, and laboratory supplies industry.
- Degree in Analytical Chemistry or relevant science discipline.
- Ability to work on both own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- Strategic thinking
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.