Kelly Services are recruiting for a County Roscommon based medical device company who are on the look out for an experienced project engineer. Reporting to a Business Unit Engineering Manager, this person will provide manufacturing support over a range of manufacturing processes. This role may be Business Unit specific or business wide specific. This person will be responsible for the management and implementation of projects to completion.
- Provide manufacturing support over a range of manufacturing processes.
- Accountable for business metrics (safety, quality, delivery, and cost).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leading process improvement initiatives to reduce cost and to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Project manage and lead new product introduction projects, introducing new processes as appropriate.
- Completing process and product validations and implementing product, process and material changes through validation, change control & documentation updates.
- Oversight and control of assigned projects.
- Determine best in class frameworks, systems and processes.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents, including customer specifications, blue prints, and technical procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from external customers, internal customers and management.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and customer/client groups.
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers in a previous employment.
- Must be capable of coaching and mentoring others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
- Have good data analysis capabilities and be familiar with statistical software (ideally Minitab).
- Knowledge of SIM studies and DOE would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate knowledge of 6 sigma methodology and structured systematic route cause problem solving.
- Knowledge of computer systems; integrated manufacturing systems; word processing and spread sheets.
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturer and supplies knowledge preferred
- World-class manufacturing knowledge preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (level 8) in a related Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 4 years prior experience in a similar role in a regulated environment, preferably in either the Medical, Packaging or Technological industries with experience of process validations.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.