The Project Controls Manager will be responsible for:
* Developing project funding: Budget, cost and schedule risk analysis, cash flow analysis and data for benchmarking
* Establishing projects in SAP and other programs to facilitate PO generation, invoice payments, cost management and audit review processes
* Reviewing and analyzing cost estimates, bids, change orders, invoices, progress measures etc.
* Budgeting, tracking and controlling Amgen costs as well as engineer/contractor costs
* Administer the implementation and closeout of projects in SAP
* Consolidating project forecasts into forecast for sites and other operational entities
* Communicating and reporting to site leadership on project matters.
- Working with Project Manager(s) in developing project strategies and associated financing.
- Leading the preparation of Amgen project funding documentation.
- Developing strategies and negotiating pricing for subcontractor scopes of work.
- Reviewing and analyzing engineer/contractor bids.
- Working with procurement and legal to develop contract documents and award contracts.
- Monitoring and evaluating engineer/contractors physical progress.
- Addressing progress and delay claims from contractors.
- Reviewing and approving engineer/contractor buy outs, change orders and invoices.
- Preparing monthly project status reports for senior management both on site and corporately.
- Developing and monitoring project schedules and cash flow.
- Leading risk analysis reviews for cost estimates, forecasts and schedules using applicable software packages.
- Working with Amgen Buying Centre and Accounts Payable to resolve invoice payment issues and queries.
- Administrating the closeout of contracts and purchase orders.
- Monitoring and managing Capitalized Overheads across all projects including planning, hiring and charging processes.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution preferably in Engineering, Construction or Quantity Surveying.
- 6 + years of experience in commercial and industrial construction in project controls i.e. cost control, scheduling and estimating.
Technical Abilities Required:
- The Project Controls Manager must have strong technical and financial experience working on small, medium and large projects supporting engineering, construction and start up activities for G&A or Manufacturing facilities.
- In addition, the individual must have strong analytical skills for estimate analysis, bid evaluations, budget monitoring, cash flow, risk analysis and benchmarking project costs.
- The individual must have a good understanding of all types of estimating from conceptual through to definitive estimates and must have a good knowledge of computer systems using data base programs, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- A base understanding of scheduling software and SAP is desirable though not essential.
- Preferred experience working directly for a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
Amgen is an equal opportunities employer
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.