The production team lead will coordinate the production activities for development projects and commercial products to ensure project plans and schedules are delivered on time in full.
- Project Planning / Co-ordination:
- Together with the Production manager, actively plan for each project and manufacturing campaign to ensure visibility to all team members and key stakeholders to deliver on time in full.
- Together with the Production manager, determine detailed tasks and resources required to deliver each project milestone; identify equipment, materials and people needed and allocate resources to tasks - on a monthly/weekly basis and daily adjustments as required.
- Provide project plan information to clarify situations before deciding a way forward taking all the facts on board. Gain agreement from stakeholders to support ideas or take action which supports or builds the partnership; using sound rationale to explain value of actions.
- To ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with the required standards conforming to company, cGxP, SOPs, regulatory regulations and guidelines, safety and environmental guidelines.
- Ensure high quality output - Vigilantly watch over job processes, tasks and work products to ensure freedom from errors, omissions or defects.
- Initiate action to correct quality/schedule problem or notify others of quality issues as appropriate. If a procedure does not exist, devise one, (through the appropriate channels); if a process needs amending, do so through the appropriate channels.
- Continuous Improvement:
- To identify and make recommendations for improvements as part of a team within or outside the department in order to ensure continuous improvement. Highlight opportunities for system optimisation to team members.
- To ensure all batch documentation is completed correctly in order to achieve a high level of customer service and cGMP.
- To prepare Submission Documentation in support of licence applications
- To ensure Manufacturing logbooks are completed correctly
- Coaching / Mentoring - support members of team with problem solving and skill development to aid learning and early problem resolution.
- Recruitment - assist with recruitment of team members in line with resource requirements and to job spec.
- Qualified to a minimum of degree level.
- At least 3 years experience working in a Production environment and similar - Solid Dose / Capsule forms.
- Project Management Skills
- Knowledge & proficiency of Microsoft products including detailed knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills required.
- Excellent people management and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, coping with more than one conflicting task at once.
- Ability to work in cross functional groups and liaise with people in organisation to get results.
- Strong analytical ability.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.