Kelly Services are currently recruiting a Production Supervisor (Night Shift) for our Healthcare client in Co. Offaly.
You will be responsible for the efficient operation of the shift by ensuring all targets are met while productivity/capacity is continuously improved. You will report to the Shift Manager.
This is a permanent position and Night Shift.
You must be able to work Night shift, Monday - Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports Manufacturing Operations in becoming world class in all aspects of the business
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Participates in and/or leads Lean Six Sigma projects and initiatives.
- Writes, conducts, analyzes, determines and reports on new or modified equipment capabilities, qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ), and validations.
- Conducts developmental runs and Commercialization qualification trial runs in conjunction with Research & Development (R&D) and PD functions.
- Manages the development of new package design and testing in conjunction with R&D and Marketing and communicates to the Process Engineering Lead the progress of these projects.
- Establishes Manufacturing Standard Operating Conditions (SOC) with the appropriate input from personnel.
- Determines the need for, and justifies capital projects such as source, specifying new equipment and components.
- Assists the Product Engineer in the development of customer and internal specifications, including review and approval of Applications Review Forms (APPS).
- Acquires knowledge of procedures, work instructions, and associated forms as required by Key Area Leaders
- Performs Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions for Customer Complaints as assigned.
- Demonstrates safety leadership by complying with all safety rules, policies, regulations and procedures; participating in safety programs, and encouraging employee involvement.
- Troubleshoots daily production and process problems.
- Identifies, develops, and implements plans associated with, but not limited to, cost reduction, waste reduction, increased throughput and general operational improvement through the use of Six Sigma Statistical Methods.
- Participates in the Learning & Development of machine operators on new equipment installations, equipment modifications and new procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- A 3rd Level Qualification with emphasis on a technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years' experience in a Production Team Leader or Supervisory position.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Ability to prioritise work independently
- Strong project management skills and presentation skills
- A high degree of enthusiasm and ability to adapt to the different styles of team members
- Detail oriented, extremely organised and ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office to include PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Capacity to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
Please apply through the link or contact Niall Curley on 086-4113572 for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.