Kelly Services are currently recruiting a Process Engineer for our Healthcare client in Co. Offaly.
You will report to the Technical Manager.
You will provide technical assistance to the packaging production department in the form of process improvement, cost reduction, safety enhancement and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting manufacturing operations in becoming world class in all aspects of the business
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate.
- Comply with all health & safety policies and instructions and actively contributing to company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Participating in and/or leads Lean Six Sigma projects and initiatives.
- Writing, conducting, analyzing, determining and reporting on new or modified equipment capabilities, qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ), and validations.
- Conducting developmental runs and commercialization qualification trial runs in conjunction with research & development (R&D) and PD functions.
- Managing the development of new package design and testing in conjunction with R&D and marketing and communicates to the process engineering lead the progress of these projects.
- Establishing manufacturing standard operating conditions (SOC) with the appropriate input from the machine operators, supervisors and technical personnel.
- Determining the need for, and justifying capital projects such as source, specifying new equipment and components by completing and routing authorization for capital expenditure (ACE) forms.
- Assisting the product engineer in the development of customer and internal specifications, including review and approval of applications review forms (APPS).
- Acquiring knowledge of procedures, work instructions, and associated forms as required by key area leaders.
- Performing root cause analysis and corrective actions for customer complaints as assigned.
- Demonstrating safety leadership by complying with all safety rules, policies, regulations and procedures; participating in safety programs, and encouraging employee involvement from all employees in all safety activities.
- Troubleshooting daily production and process problems, communicating with plant management team, supervisors and operators regarding run problems, investigates root causes, recommends and implements corrective actions.
- Identifying, developing and implementing plans associated with, but not limited to, cost reduction, waste reduction, increased throughput and general operational improvement through the use of Six Sigma statistical methods.
- Participating in the learning & development of machine operators on new equipment installations, equipment modifications and new procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial preferred)
- Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to maintain projects
- Ability to react quickly and logically to manufacturing problems
- Ability to apply Six Sigma & Lean manufacturing tools
- 2-3 years previous process/manufacturing engineering experience
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO Quality management procedures
Please apply through the link or contact Niall Curley on 086-4113572 for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.