We are recruiting for an experienced Process Development Engineer for a Galway based medical device company.
The successful candidate will be involved in process development activities and a range of projects that the role will support will be diverse, and the technical solutions developed will be innovative and present an opportunity to acquire significant skills in the development of Biomaterial coatings and processes for use in Medical Devices.
The Process Development Engineer will be principally engaged in the following tasks:
- Support the customer engagement process in the application of the proprietary membrane coatings technology.
- Design and develop innovative coatings solutions to meet customer needs.
- Develop TMV's and PQ's.
- Build and enhance the unique and innovative Biomaterial coatings offerings.
- Oversee design transfer of R&D conceptual projects from pilot scale into production.
- Keep organised records and provide technical reports as needed.
- Document experiments and results in Laboratory notebooks with full traceability.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALITIES
The successful candidate will have a scientific or engineering background, a keen eye for detail and a willingness to acquire new skills and learn on a daily basis. Key skills and experience include:
5 years' equivalent experience in a medical process development or manufacturing environment
Minimum of a primary degree in an engineering or technological discipline
Technical leadership and/or project management experience
Knowledge of design verification and process validations, particularly as it pertains to equipment and manufacturing processes.
Injection moulding process characterization and validation experience.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.