Kelly Services are recruiting for a Packaging Operations Manager for a Waterford based pharmaceutical company on an initial 12 month contract. Manage the day to day operations of the packaging department to ensure all internal / external customer requirements are met. Develop procedures for packaging associates insuring customer and quality requirements are adhered to.
1. Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial Operations, the Packaging Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of all supply chain activities:
- Develop and execute the business plan for the packaging department. Maintain all costs within budget.
- Participate in new business development projects.
- Meet revenue goals each year as assigned by Head of Commercial Operations.
- Provide excellent communication with all clients at all times.
- Manage all current and new customers packaging related requirements.
- Ensure proper labour, material equipment, facilities, systems, etc. are available.
- Customers must be completely satisfied and receive defect free services and products.
- Oversee departmental processes and coordinates inter-departmental activities.
- Creation of guidelines, internal procedures and batch documentation
2. Ensure Personnel working within the area are trained to conform to company, cGMP, SOPs, Specifications, and Regulatory requirements
3. Plan, direct and monitor projects against schedule within agreed costs and in accordance with company deadlines.
4. Review or update packaging practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
5. Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders
6. Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
7. Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on delivery activities.
8. Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
9. Ensuring change is delivered as specified by the Head of Commercial Operations
- Providing direction and guidance to the Supply Chain team.
- Managing, motivating, coaching and mentoring direct reports, to higher levels of management capability.
- Working with all members of staff to maintain and develop the positive progressive culture within EirGen.
Skills & Attributes
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Teaching others how to do something
- Actively looking for ways to help people
- Health and Safety
- Ensure requirements of EirGen Safety Statement are implemented
- Continuously promote a positive safety culture by leading by example
- Participate as part of site management team into effective running of the business.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in a related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industries, with at least 3 years of managerial experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Analytical Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
- Performance Management and People Development
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritise accordingly
- Ability to define and manage own tasks and schedules
- Significant experience with desktop and software applications
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.