The Process Technician ensures operation of machines in Moulding by providing technical support and leading troubleshooting activities, while also required to carry out essential preventative maintenance tasks.
- Provide technical support to all injection moulding related issues.
- Provide technical lead on introduction of new Enteral Feed tools being introduced as part of project to mould and assemble E-Pump Valve and Mistic components on site.
- Optimization of new tools as part of Process Development Report per corporate tooling procedure.
- Development of Key Parameter edge of failure through PAR High and Low trials.
- PQ qualification and documentation approval.
- Troubleshoot and analysis of any mould processing or component defect issues.
- Identify process, equipment and documentation improvements where possible and lead improvement projects (e.g. Lean Manufacturing/Kaizen/Six Sigma/SMED/Gemba/Flawless execution)
- Troubleshoot and analysis of pneumatic/mechanical problems and repair/replace parts as appropriate
- Use diagnostics and observational skill to determine root cause of complex operational problems, considering impact on up and down stream processes and implementing robust solutions following the principles of PDCA and Flawless Execution
- Undertake large scale changeovers on all machines to ensure downtime is minimized and to ensure targets are achieved
- Participate on Project teams to delivery high level of project execution including new product introduction, automation, operational excellence, etc
- Provide assistance to Engineering on Departmental projects
- Ensure compliance with and assist in the maintenance of a safe company culture by working within relevant Company and Corporate requirements and legislation governing environmental, health and safety as principally contained in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, Safety Cardinal Rules, Safety Statement, etc. Report any equipment or process problems as appropriate
- Maintain and control tooling at machines
- Maintain stock level of spare parts needed to relevant suite of machines
- Assist and run trials for new materials and products both internally and externally
- Complete and assist with all identified training and development activities as required including allocated ComplianceWire courses
- Training and development of others, including on the job coaching as required
- The role requires at least one of the following qualifications;
- Senior Trade / Recognised Mechanical / Plastics qualification
- Mechanical / Polymer Engineering Diploma or Degree
- Significant experience of Injection Moulding Processing, Optimization and Troubleshooting
- A qualification in plastics or polymers or equivalent would be a distinct advantage. Experience in a moulding environment is essential
- Knowledge of MS Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Working knowledge of BPCS, Maximo
- Lean Leader / Six-Sigma certification an advantage
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Injection Moulding environment
- Strong technical knowledge of injection moulding process and machine functionality
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment supporting automated manufacturing equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an ability to articulate technical facts in a clear and concise manner
- Self-Starter - ability to work on own initiative, take ownership for process, drive troubleshooting and lead improvement activities
- Experience / Understanding of GMP environment, regulations and change management is required
- Quality Awareness and a proven track record of excellent quality standards
- Ability to promote and maintain GMP standards applicable to a class 100k clean room manufacturing facility.
- Experience in the use and understanding of computer systems essential
- Knowledge in Six-Sigma and Lean principles which can be applied in high volume production environment is advantageous
- Commitment to work within the ethos of the Medical Devices & Supplies Guide to Compliance and Quality Manufacturing and Covidien Guide to Business Conduct
- Good attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - Strong team player with the ability to motivate others to develop their skills
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks
- Previous experience in training others would be an advantage
- An excellent record of attendance and timekeeping
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.