Kelly Services are seeking an experienced Molecular Biology Supervisor for our Global Pharmaceutical client in Co. Mayo.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the quality of work produced by the Molecular Biology team and ensure it is conducted in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the principles of GMP.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all client projects involving, but not limited to, bacterial cell line characterization, DNA hybridization assays, reverse transcriptase testing, lsoenzyme
- Analysis, and PCR assays. Participate in and support cross functional communication and
- Laboratory activities as necessary
- To implement and supervise safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct staff of these. Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Responsible for providing feedback on performance to analysts working on Client specific projects.
- Be involved in preparing costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
- Assist in the transfer of assays from clients to the Department, where appropriate.
- Participate in regulatory and client audits and liaising with clients as required.
- Assist in the generation of appropriate SOPs.
- Assist Project Leaders in research of technical information for incoming new enquiries.
- Responsible for compiling audit responses in conjunction with the team and the Analytical Functional Manager.
- Responsible for supporting staff with deviations and laboratory investigation reports.
- Raw data review.
- Responsible for ensuring all raw data and test results including protocols, reports etc are retained and archived according to SOP's.
- Responsible for preparing 'Presentations' and the delivery of same to the Molecular Biology team, other departments and to Clients as required.
- Assist in Test Item Receipt (LIMS), Storage, Disposal and Decontamination.
- Liaise with consultants and external services (e.g. subcontract laboratories) as appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the laboratory areas and all equipment maintained in appropriate working conditions.
- Responsible for purchasing new equipment and spare/replacement parts as required.
- Responsible for maintaining stock of supplies (chemicals, consumables) needed for routine activities within the team.
- Scheduling daily tasks for all staff and ensuring appropriate workload is not exceeded.
- BSc. In a relevant science discipline (e.g. Molecular Biology)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, especially PCR and Q-PCR and project management desirable.
- Experience in establishment and validation of molecular biology methods is highly desirable Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Please apply though the link or contact Niall Curley on 086-4113572 for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.