Title: Mechanical Fitter
Location: Co. Offaly
Summary: Our client is seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join their team. Successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Maintenance and Toolroom.
- Provide both maintenance and technical support in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Carry out all maintenance work orders in accordance with deadlines.
- Make sure equipment breakdowns are dealt with in a timely manner in accordance with business needs and document corrective measures as required.
- Support each ongoing Preventative Maintenance Programmes.
- Troubleshoot automated and manual equipment related issues.
- Execute data analysis on equipment to determine route cause.
- Support continuous improvement projects e.g., Kaizens, Energy Projects, Safety Improvements etc.
- Conduct and complete all purchasing transactions using approved systems, for example BPCs and purchase requisitions.
- Continuously organise and ensure workshop and bench is safe and in an efficient manner using the 5S to deliver continuous flow.
- Help in the maintenance of a safe company culture by always complying with the company's health and safety guidelines while reporting any equipment or process issues in line with plant escalation procedures.
- Make sure quality in each aspect of work by complying with relevant SOP's and Standard Work Instructions and maintain compliance with cGMP, GDP, and Quality standards.
- Recognise opportunities for continuous improvement and contribute to improvement projects as assigned to include safety, quality, energy improvements, continuous flow improvements etc.
- Complete each training and development activities as required including allocated Compliance Wire courses.
- Continuously seek to improve quality culture.
- Additional duties as required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Competency in electrical/electronic systems
- Knowledge and experience with automated systems including PLC, drive units, HMI, and Robotics.
- Experience within a regulated industry with GMP exposure and CMMS maintenance systems knowledge.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Maintenance Fitter
- Minimum of three years post apprenticeship experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Multi-skill training post apprenticeship is advantageous.
- Experience with fabrication, welding, turning, milling, and grinding.
- Experience with Maintenance and Operations of motors, gearbox, water pumps, fans, vacuum pumps, and associated distribution pipe work.
- Excellent knowledge of electro pneumatics and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to both work on own initiative and team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- High standard of time keeping and attendance.
- Commitment to working within the ethos of the Medical Devices & Supplies Guide to Compliance and Quality Manufacturing and the Standards of Business Conduct guide.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.