The Fitter is responsible for day to day mechanical maintenance within the Focus Factory that includes continued operation of equipment by providing technical support and leading troubleshooting activities, while also required to carry out essential maintenance tasks.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide maintenance and technical support in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Execute all maintenance work orders in line with assigned due dates.
- Ensure equipment breakdowns are dealt with in a timely fashion in line with business needs, and document corrective measures as required.
- Support ongoing Preventative Maintenance Programmes.
- Troubleshoot automated and manual equipment related process problems.
- Conduct data analysis on equipment to determine route cause.
- Support plant continuous improvement projects as assigned, e.g. Kaizens, Energy projects, Safety improvements, etc.
- Complete all purchasing transactions using approved systems such as BPCs and purchase requisitions.
- Organise workshop and bench in a safe, effective, and efficient manner, using the guiding principles of 5S to deliver continuous flow.
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe company culture by working within the company's health and safety guidelines at all times and reporting any equipment or process problems in line with plant escalation procedures.
- Ensure quality in all aspects of work by following relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Standard Work Instructions (SWIs) and maintaining compliance with cGMP, Good Documentation Practice (GDP) and Quality Cardinal Rules.
- Identify continuous improvements opportunities where possible and take part in improvement projects as assigned to include by not limited to Safety or Quality related, Energy improvements, Continuous Flow improvements, etc.
- Complete all identified training and development activities as required including allocated ComplianceWire courses.
- Work to improve our quality culture through compliance with the Quality Begins With Me programmes ('See Something, Say Something').
- Carry out additional duties that may be assigned to you.
Qualifications & experience
- Be a qualified time served Maintenance Fitter
- Have a minimum of three years post apprenticeship experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Post apprenticeship multi-skill training would be advantageous.
- Competency in fabrication, welding, turning, milling, grinding
- Experience in Maintenance and Operations of motors, gearbox, water pumps, fans, vacuum pumps, and associated distribution pipe work.
- Working knowledge of electro pneumatics and hydraulic systems.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter / Use of own initiative.
- High energy level and motivation.
- Excellent problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Commitment to work within the ethos of the Medical Devices & Supplies Guide to Compliance and Quality Manufacturing and the business conduct guide.
- An excellent standard of attendance and time keeping.
- Competency in electrical / electronic systems
- Working knowledge automated systems including PLC, drive units, HMI, Robotics
- Experience working with CMMS maintenance systems.
- Experience working in a regulated industry and familiarity with GMP
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.