Due to extra shift requirements, Our client is seeking a machine setter for a 12-month fixed-term contract to cover a vacancy on weekend night shift.
Job Title Machine Setter (Weekend Day shift 6.30 pm - 6.30 am
This role will work across a number of areas, predominately cell 1, with cover required for other areas when required.
KEY RESULT AREAS / KEY TASKS
- Ensure compliance with and assist in the maintenance of a safe company culture by working within relevant Company and Corporate requirements and legislation governing environmental, health and safety as principally contained in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, Safety Cardinal Rules, Safety Statement, etc. Report any equipment or process problems as appropriate
- Ensure all machine safety guards are working.
- Highlight and work to eliminate unsafe methods/equipment/hazards as appropriate.
- Ensure quality in all aspects of work by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Standard Work Instructions (SWIs) and maintaining compliance with all quality requirements.
- Set-up all machines as per relevant procedures.
- Ensure machines are set-up and run within validated parameters at all times.
- Complete first-piece checks and all related paperwork. Ensure product quality is to specification.
- Carry out on-line quality checks as per relevant procedures.
- Ensure equipment is set-up correctly 1st time to maximize quality and minimize potential for defects.
- As the majority of work undertaken will take place in a clean-room environment, GMP and 5S compliance is essential. Ensure equipment and benches are cleaned after every set up and floors, storage areas, etc are maintained to a high standard and take an active role in 5S projects in your area
- Correct set-up, general maintenance and preventative maintenance of production equipment.
- Ensure all equipment is set-up as per the relevant procedure and parameter sheets.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems and repair or replace parts as appropriate.
- Ensure proper identification and storage of tools, gauges etc.
- Ensure equipment set-up is running within standard time and produces 100% efficiency in order to achieve associated OEE targets.
- Minimise downtime and work closely with Supervisors and Engineering to ensure maximum utilization of equipment.
- Ensure set ups are completed in a timely manner and participate in SMED projects, to continuously reduce set up times.
Other Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor scrap levels to ensure they do not exceed standard for any operations and reduce defects off machines and thereby reduce scrap in the plant.
- Identify process, equipment and documentation improvements where possible and take part in improvement projects as assigned (e.g. Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma/SMED)
- Complete all identified training and development activities as required including allocated MyLearning courses.
- Adhere strictly to company policies, procedures and plant key behaviours as notified.
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe company culture by working within the company's environmental, health and safety guidelines and Safety Cardinal Rules at all times. Report any hazards, equipment or process issues in line with plant escalation procedures
- Adhere to GMP based Quality Systems requirements for medical devices and medicinal product (e.g. MDD, EU GMP Guidelines Vol IV Part 1 for medicinal product, ISO 13485).
Experience, qualifications and Skills required
- Education: Senior Trade / Recognised Mechanical / Plastics qualification or Mechanical / Electrical Engineering Diploma
- Experience in an automated environment supporting high volume mechanical / pneumatic manufacturing system is desirable
- Experience of automated equipment, PLCs, electro pneumatics, servos, lubrication systems, preventative maintenance programmes.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
Essential criteria for the position are:
- Ability to articulate technical facts in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Self-starter, ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to take ownership for process, and drive troubleshooting and improvement activities
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Organised and resourceful with excellent attention to detail and ability to get the job done
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a high paced environment with an awareness of continued impact on production and the plant performance.
- Ability to learn quickly and work on own initiative, under minimum supervision
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical and pneumatic components
- Quality awareness and a proven track record of excellent quality standards
- Commitment to work within the ethos of the Medical Devices & Supplies Guide to Compliance and Quality Manufacturing and the company business conduct guidelines.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Manufacturing process knowledge and experience
- Commitment to continuous improvements with the initiative and ability to improve work processes
- An excellent standard of attendance and time keeping
- The ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organisation and work as part of a team
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.