Job Title: Machine Setter (3 Shift Cycle)
Location: Co. Offaly
Our Client - a Leading Medical device company - in Offaly are seeking an experienced Machine setter. The ideal candidate will have experience in EHS, Quality, SOPs, and machinery experience to minimize down time in the production areas.
- Ensure compliance with and assist in the maintenance of a safe company culture
- Report any equipment or process problems as appropriate
- Highlight and work to eliminate unsafe methods/equipment/hazards as appropriate.
- Ensure quality in all aspects of work by following SOPs and SWIs
- Set-up all machines as per relevant procedures.
- Ensure machines are set-up and run within validated parameters at all times.
- Complete first-piece checks and all related paperwork.
- Carry out on-line quality checks as per relevant procedures.
- Ensure equipment is set-up correctly 1st time to maximize quality and minimize potential for defects.
- GMP and 5S compliance is essential.
- Ensure equipment and benches are cleaned to high standard after every set up
- Correct set-up, general maintenance, and preventative maintenance of production equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems and repair or replace parts as appropriate.
- Ensure proper identification and storage of tools, gauges etc.
- Ensure equipment set-up is running within standard time and produces 100% efficiency in order to achieve associated OEE targets.
- Minimise downtime and work closely with Supervisors and Engineering to ensure maximum utilization of equipment.
- Ensure set ups are completed in a timely manner and participate in SMED projects, to continuously reduce set up times.
- Monitor scrap levels to ensure they do not exceed standard for any operations and reduce defects off machines and thereby reduce scrap in the plant.
- Identify process, equipment and documentation improvements where possible and take part in improvement projects as assigned (e.g. Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma/SMED)
- Complete all identified training and development activities as required including allocated MyLearning courses.
- Adhere strictly to company policies, procedures and plant key behaviors as notified.
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe company culture by working within the company's environmental, health and safety guidelines and Safety at all times.
- Report any hazards, equipment, or process issues in line with plant escalation procedures
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Senior Trade / Recognised Mechanical / Plastics qualification or Mechanical / Electrical Engineering Diploma - Desirable
- Experience in an automated environment supporting high volume mechanical / pneumatic manufacturing system is desirable
- Experience of automated equipment, PLCs, electro pneumatics, servos, lubrication systems, preventative maintenance programmes
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.