Title: Machine Setter
Location: Co. Offaly.
As a result of extra shift requirements, a company in Offaly is seeking a Machine Setter to work Weekend nights. The hours are as follows: 18:30 to 06:30 on Saturday and Sunday. This role will work across multiple areas, providing cover when required in other areas.
- Assist and ensure compliance with the maintenance of a safe environment by working within relevant Company and Corporate requirements and legislation.
- Report issues with regards to equipment/process matter as appropriate.
- Comply with quality standards in all aspects of work by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Standard Work Instructions (SWI's).
- At start of every shift, make sure equipment is set up correctly to maximise quality, minimize defects and achieve 100% efficiency and targets.
- GMP and 5S compliance is essential. Ensure workspace is maintained to a high standard and take an active role in the 5S projects in your assigned area.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems and repair/replace parts, as necessary.
- Make sure set ups are completed on time and participate in SMED projects to continuously reduce set up times.
- Identify process, equipment and documentation improvements and participate in improvement projects as assigned. (e.g., Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma/SMED).
- Comply with GMP based Quality Systems requirements for medical devices and medicinal products. (e.g., MDD, EU GMP Guidelines Vol IV Part 1, ISO 13485).
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Senior Trade/ Recognised Mechanical/ Plastics qualification or Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering Diploma.
- Experience in an automated environment, assisting high-volume mechanical/ pneumatic manufacturing system is advantageous.
- Experience of automated equipment, electro pneumatics, servos, PLC's, lubrication systems, preventative maintenance programmes.
- Exposure to a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Capability to work well both as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to take ownership for process, drive troubleshooting and improvements.
- Resourceful and organised with strong attention to detail and ability to complete task.
- Skills to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Quality awareness with a proven record of high-quality standards.
- Commitment to work within the ethos of the Medical Devices & Supplies Guide to Compliance and Quality Manufacturing and the company conduct guidelines.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent track record of attendance and time keeping.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.