Kelly Services are recruiting for a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Manufacturing and Design Engineer for our Manfacturing Client in Co. Clare.
You will be heavily involved in all aspects of engineering in the company including product design and manufacturing, production scheduling, product flow, detailed models as well as engineering drawings and schematics.
You will also lead a small engineering team within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership of a small team of engineers and close contact with the production manager to achieve smooth and efficient production and improving systems and developing new products.
- Scheduling of production, organisation and prioritisation of projects.
- Creation and interpretation of detailed models and drawings and use of software in 3D (SolidWorks) to create and modify existing parts/products/assemblies.
- Creation and use of Bills of Materials (BOM's) for both production and component purchasing.
- Understanding and use of nesting software which creates CAD/CAM codes for plasma cutting.
- Design to build research and design projects for new products and products to complement our existing range.
- Development and maintenance of product and component databases making sure they are kept up to date.
- Dealing with customers to help solve any engineering related problems that may occur.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with 2D and 3D software (SolidWorks) and drawings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of sheet metal and fabrication techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with different disciplines.
- An excellent team player with a positive attitude to learn and develop in a fast moving environment.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience in leadership of an engineering team would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with agricultural equipment/large machinery design and use would be an advantage.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.