Kellys Services are recruiting for an IT Operations NOC Engineer in Dublin. As a Business Technology NOC Engineer you will be the cornerstone of our continued efforts in the direction of high availability and performance of internal IT Services.
The role is part of a 24/7 operations team and the chosen candidate will be working shift hours and will part of a shift rotation with other engineers in the region. You will contribute to functional and technical specifications. You will set and meet defined operational goals. You will deliver on project milestone commitments and deadlines that are often set by your managers and senior members of the team. You will actively participate in IT NOC team discussions and express your ideas openly. You will help ramp up new members of the team.
- Manage and maintain monitoring of corporate IT infrastructure (servers, storage, applications, network)
- Troubleshoot systems and storage issues impacting multiple users
- Troubleshoot network and voice issues impacting multiple users
- Control and coordinate IT Infrastructure changes performed simultaneously by multiple engineers
- Automate repetitive manual tasks and processes
- Work with vendors (AWS, Cisco, Vmware, Verizon etc) to maintain business continuity
- Manage tickets related, but not limited to, incidents, system(s) diagnostics/troubleshooting, network/system upgrades
- Minimize downtime by playing critical role in incident management process
- Maintain documentation including designs, configurations, and infrastructure diagrams
- Perform systems, storage and network analysis for usage monitoring and capacity trending
- Analyze systems errors or anomalies, as well as specific network performance issues and/or error messages, in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality and assess trends that may ultimately result in degradation of service
- Potential on-call as Duty Manager (Incident Commander) - leading high severity incident
- Provide timely communications to the company during large incidents
- 3+ years of combined Systems/Networks/Monitoring experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Ability to lead high severity incident - able to establish impact, evaluate resolution scenarios, make decisions based on inputs for Subject Matter Experts, formulate impact on both technical and business language
- Network Switching and routing troubleshooting
- VLAN, TRUNK, STP, OSPF, BGP
- Exposure to WAN protocols: MPLS.
- Basic understand of access control on LAN switch, firewall
- Exposure to network monitor and management tools: Zabbix, CatTools, NetMRI)
- Knowledge of server operating systems
- Ability to build a server from bare metal to functional based on business requirements
- Exposure to a scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby, JS)
- Ability to quickly diagnose problems in the Linux OS based on common tools (log files, application errors) Hosted and Cloud based service experience
- Understanding of version-control systems such as Subversion, Git, SVN, Perforce etc
- Use of data center automation tools such as Puppet, Chef
- Experience with using and managing monitoring of IT Infrastructure and IT Applications
- Knowledge of SNMP, MIB, SNMP Traps, SNMP Communities
- Experience with high-performance, high-availability wired and wireless networks
- Good troubleshooting skills in area of IT Infrastructure
- Experience working in a formal, structured change management processes
- Some experience with virtualization and cloud technologies
- Understanding ITIL framework, especially Incident and Change Management
- One of the following industry certifications: RHCSA, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA is an advantage
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.