Job Title: In-Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Supervisor.
Location: Co. Mayo.
Summary: Our client is seeking an experienced In-Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Supervisor for a Biologics Division located in Ballina, Co. Mayo, Ireland. This role will be responsible for a Cell Culture/Virology Laboratory along with a team of 2-3 Analysts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the quality of work produced by the Cell Culture/Virology team and ensure it is conducted in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the principles of GMP.
- To implement and supervise safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct staff of these. Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Working on and providing feedback to analysts on client specific projects.
- Be involved in preparing costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
· Responsible for compiling audit responses in conjunction with the team and the Analytical Functional Manager.
· Culture/Virology team, other departments and to Clients as required.
- Assist in Test Item Receipt (LIMS), Storage, Disposal and Decontamination.
- Liaise with consultants and external services (e.g. subcontract laboratories) as appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the laboratory areas and all equipment maintained in appropriate working conditions.
- Responsible for purchasing new equipment and spare/replacement parts as required.
- BSc. In a relevant science discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff.
- Experience in the following techniques (e.g. PCR, DNA/RNA Extraction, ELISA, Western Blot, Handling of two or more cell lines) essential.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.