Overall Purpose of the Job
The manager will need to lead the hard services planned and reactive maintenance works for all site facilities while ensuring all safety, quality and service standards are fully adhered to They manage all aspects of the team across all shifts. This role will be responsible/assist for delivering the company business objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance on all equipment under our control as per the Plant CMMS / CAFM system. Correctly document PM / maintenance and maintain files in line with site engineering standards
- Proactively identify and remedy equipment maintenance issues, to maximise equipment uptime
- Liaise with the service desk / supervisor and respond to all non-technical and technical queries in a timely manner to ensure conformance with the relevant Service Level Agreement
- To carry out fault finding and repairs to broken down equipment, contact and coordinate service engineers where external assistance is required
- Detailed tracking, analysis and reporting of planned hard services spend on monthly basis.
- Detailed tracking, analysis and reporting of hard services hours utilization on the site.
- Identify any gaps in the PM routine services present proposal for improvements in scope of works.
- Have the ability to evaluate any recommended follow up works from PM service visit and how it impacts on operations, quality or EHS. Provide relevant information to assist with the generation of reports for follow up actions.
- Work with site QA, Validation, EHS, Process and Packing department to determine compliance requirements and coordination of all maintenance works.
- Create EHS site permits, method statements, QA risk assessment, GMP documentation for execution of all planned and non-routine works as needed.
- Must be willing to take on and familiarize with all relevant site systems as deemed necessary to complete the role.
- Day to day people management with frequent feedback given to technicians and effective management and allocation of resources
- Maintain appropriate records in line with cGMP requirements.
- Assist in the installation of new plant and equipment.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and cGMP, and ensure compliance with the 5S (Sorting, Simplify, Sweep, Standardise, Sustain) during maintenance work
- To keep engineering departments informed and updated at all times in relation to equipment issues. Flexibility is important, and the maintenance technician is expected to work in any area of the plant as required. The department in which the maintenance technician has assigned responsibilities for are to be regarded as the customer, to whom a service is being offered.
- Liaising with production department engineers and other support personnel to identify and solve problems
- Assist with the drive for 'Cost Reduction Initiatives' across the site from providing ideas though to implementation. This should also include Energy Saving Opportunities (ESOs)
- Ensure any training deemed necessary by your line manager is completed within the agreed timeframe
- Maintain an internal 'Best Practice' regime and encourage continuous improvements
- When applicable Investigate infrastructure shortfalls and promote remedial actions
- You may be asked to work overtime to cover out of hours work as determined by the Site Manager / client
- Continuously advocate for adding additional scope to current services provided and pro-actively seek additional adhoc projects
- Manage adhoc projects as required
- 5 Years' Experience working in a similar role
- Certificate /Diploma or Senior Trades in Electrical / Mechanical / Automation
- Must be highly organised and methodical
- Proven Manager with a history of achieving and exceeding targets
- Proven history of change control
- Great communicator, with ability to present to clients
- Experience in the following areas, - M&E, Calibration, Building fabric, HVAC.
The successful candidate must also hold:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make informed decisions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must possess a dynamic approach to achieving continuous improvement
- Customer focus management style
- Must be self-motivated and able to motivate, coach and mentor teams
Electrical, Mechanical, Engineering, Account Management, Communication (written and verbal), Problem Solving And Decision Making, Continuous Improvement, Customer Focus, self motivated
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.