Our client is recruiting for a Formulation Scientist who will be responsible for formulation development of both Generic and New Drug Product development through:
- Assisting with all R&D and Operations related formulation development activities ensuring strict adherence project plans.
- Performing all activities required to ensure that all project milestones are delivered according to agreed timelines.
- Applying a thorough knowledge of pharmaceutics to the development of drug products and the interpretation of in-vitro data to predict in-vivo performance.
- Interpretation of in-vivo data for the purposes of further formulation development.
- Carrying out pre-formulation and formulation development trials on high potency molecules where required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified to a minimum of honours degree level in Pharmaceutical science or related discipline.
- At least five years' experience working in a formulation development, process development, manufacturing or related technical environment.
- Pre-formulation experience, including drug characterisation and ingredients selection.
- Formulation studies, considering such factors as particle size, polymorphism, pH and solubility, as all can influence bioavailability and drug activity.
- Process optimisation and scale up experience are essential
- Analytical/ laboratory experience would be advantageous.
- Have demonstrated effective research skills, including the critical review of the scientific literature.
- Knowledge of all drug product manufacturing processes is essential.
- Fill Finish and Dry Powder Inhalation (DPI) experience is advantageous
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.