Title: Engineering Technician
- Take a structured problem-solving approach to resolve, diagnose, and implement solutions to issues that arise.
- Design jigs and fixtures to achieve manufacturing requirements and continuously implement changes to improve processes and procedures.
- Responsible for OEE metrics yield and downtime, documentation, and escalation of downtime issues.
- Support both equipment and product changes while implementing continuous improvements. (SMED)
- Plan ahead by managing and updating spare parts inventory and complete equipment preventative maintenance to achieve minimum machine downtime.
- Compliance with health and safety at all times while contributing to the reduction and elimination of risks by complying with company health and safety rules and regulations and escalating hazards/issues as appropriate.
- Liaise with production team to make sure right prioritization of both daily and weekly targets.
- Carry out training for production operators to ensure correct and efficient use of equipment and specifications of products.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Trade experience (toolmaker, fitter, electrician, mechanic) or NFQ Level 6 in a technical discipline (manufacturing, mechatronics, mechanical or electrical).
- Lean Six Sigma, Mechanical or Electrical certification is advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in grinding, moulding, EDM, laser is highly desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Pro active in diagnosing and resolving manufacturing issues which arise.
- Ability to take a systematic approach to troubleshoot and solve technical issues.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.