Reporting to the Associate Director, Engineering Services you will be required to direct, manage and coordinate the activities of the Projects Department and to ensure compliant, efficient and safe operations.
- Overall responsibility for the Projects Department and for implementing engineering capital expenditure projects across the site.
- Supervise the work of the Projects Department to ensure that all personnel (including consultants and contractors providing services to Astellas) adhere to all statutory, regulatory and site requirements (e.g. site policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, etc.).
- Management of ca. 15 FTEs in the Projects Department.
- Liaise with the AICL Dublin Management Team to ensure ongoing alignment between business needs / priorities and Projects Department activities, etc.
- Liaise with the wider Astellas engineering community in all regions and HQ to align on global and regional initiatives and projects as relevant.
- Ensure that the full lifecycle of projects (conceptual design, feasibility studies, basic design, detailed design, procurement, construction management, commissioning/testing/qualification, handover) is managed in a professional manner in line with Good Engineering Practice and site procedures.
- Develop and maintain the project management system (e.g. procedures, guidelines, policies, specifications). Ensure that the project management system is complied with and is regularly reviewed to ensure it remains current and effective.
- Drive key changes and continuous improvement in the Projects Department.
- Prepare and control budgets.
- Manage capital spend tracking, monthly reporting and forecasting.
- Manage project approval progress tracking, monthly reporting and forecasting.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards associated with cGMP (including data integrity), OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, Health & Safety Legislation, Environmental Legislation and IPPC Licence.
- In conjunction with other functions on site (EHS, Facilities Engineering and Environmental Operations) support the implementation of the site's Energy Management programme.
Experience and Qualifications for the role;
- Educated to degree level in a scientific/engineering discipline.
- Excellent people management skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and coach a projects team.
- Ability to apply best practice project delivery methodology.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage a projects team with a broad range of responsibilities.
- Minimum of 14 years engineering projects experience, at least half of which was gained in a site-based project engineering role in a manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 8 years management experience.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a cGMP environment.
- Experience of operating a construction safety management system.
- Ideally a recognised project management qualification
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.