Kelly Services are recruiting for the exciting role of Employee success coordinator with a Dublin based computer software company. Experience working in an HR shared services organization is ideal. This person must be comfortable dealing with highly sensitive and confidential matters. Our ideal candidate enjoys working in dynamic and high-growth environments and is experienced in supporting a variety of HR disciplines.
- Provide superior customer service to employees and managers via the customer portal, and other social channels
- Using our Service Cloud Console case-management solution to assist employees in a timely manner regarding benefits, compensation, immigration, leave of absence, HR policy and procedural questions
- Develop an understanding of Workday as a tool and leverage its capabilities for manager and employee self-service process inquiries
- Support our centralised Concierge knowledge base within our employee portal; close knowledge gaps by creating, updating and improving knowledge articles to keep information relevant for employee self-service
- Conduct regular analysis to identify Knowledge improvements and drive a greater employee experience
- Liaise effectively and collaboratively with tier 2 stakeholders and other support teams to resolve employee queries and improve knowledge
- Maintain an appropriate level of process, program, and policy knowledge in order to assist Employees and Managers
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and inconsistencies, and collaborate towards an improved and more productive process that enhances the employee and/or manager's experience
- System testing support of employee portal and Service Cloud Console as needed. Provide support on system enhancements and triage access or bug queries
- Ensure the accuracy of the internal Shared Services Community process documentation
- Provide approval support in Workday for Manager Self Service transactions, including but not limited to; manager transfers, promotions, compensation changes, one-time payments and exits.
- Own data integrity of all Workday employee change transactions by following the outlined peer review/audit process
- Support employees and managers with self-service and Workday transactions
- Ensure all internal and external compliance standards are maintained by completing work correctly and timely.
- Provide continuous feedback to peers, management, and HR and COE partners about internal employee service trends and opportunities for improvement
- Other duties and project work as required
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in Human Resources
- Exceptional problem solving skills with a passion for technology, process improvement, and continuous learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: concise, articulate, and confident
- Outstanding listening skills with ability to navigate and consult with employees through personal and sometimes difficult circumstances
- Ability to diagnose a problem, informed by data
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Comfortable with a high-paced environment with competing priorities
- Drives results and is solutions-oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities
- Places high priority on data integrity and security
- Exceptional time management, organisational, prioritisation and follow-up skills
- Able to build credibility with both individual contributors and management
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and Google applications
Desired skills, experience and abilities:
- Fluency in European languages
- Expertise with global cloud-based HR systems (e.g. Workday)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient working across multiple HR disciplines and geographies
- Proficient utilising case management tools
- Familiarity with using Salesforce or other cloud-based application
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.