Job Title: Electrical Field Technician
Our well-established Automations Client is recruiting for a field Electrical Technician who is electrically qualified to join the team of specialist Field Technicians. This full time, permanent, field-based role, reports to the Service Manager, and provides professional services (calibration/validation/service) both in-house and field based throughout the country. The client base is extensive and covers every key sector of the water, wastewater industry.
- Support the operation and maintenance of equipment as part of the Service Team
- Installation or repairs to process control or monitoring equipment
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance as required.
- Handle minor electrical maintenance and installations
- Chemical treatment and monitoring such as dosing pumps, samplers, water quality equipment, PH, Turbidity and analysers
- Flow meter commissioning, repairs, and calibrations
- Telemetry equipment such as install or debug of UHF Radio, Data Loggers and Routers
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
- Ideally qualified as electrical & instrumentation trade or electrician with proven instrumentation
- experience in the water/wastewater industry is desirable but not essential
- Understanding of the water/wastewater industry and instrumentation preferred.
- Experience of commissioning analytical telemetry equipment an advantage
- Ability to apply previous experience to niche and once off equipment with support of office team
- Experienced in chemical treatment i.e., Chlorine, Ferric and monitoring Chlorine, PH, Turbidity etc
- Excellent understanding of flow meters and general principles of operation
- Experience with Radio systems and/or Data Loggers
- Proven ability to problem-solve an issue and show initiative to find solution.
- Be a punctual, motivated, and organised self-starter who is enthusiastic and conscientious about completing work on time and to a high standard.
- Demonstrate a positive approach to work and be able to work well both unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Full, clean driving licence, Safe Pass, Confined Space Training required
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.