Kelly Services are currently recruiting a Distribution Team Leader for our Global Biopharmaceutical client in Co. Dublin.
As the Distribution centre Team Leader, you will support the Freight and Distribution centre Manager to lead a team in a fast-paced environment.
This is an 18 month's contract initially. Excellent rate available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- · Support the Freight and Distribution Manager to achieve the required performance targets.
- · Interacting and liaising with the Supply Chain teams locally and internationally to prioritise orders and to provide a best in class service.
- Support the Freight and Distribution Manager to provide monthly KPI reports to management.
- · Ensure GDP compliance by the transportation providers to SOPs, relating to the transportation of products, and any other legal or Regulatory requirements.
- Through policy and procedure improvement/changes, develop inventory processes to minimise risk and improve compliance in the Distribution centre In Line with GMP & GDP requirements.
- · Managing process and material flows, space management, to maximise utilisation of the Distribution centre.
- · Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement.
- · Maintaining best in class housekeeping policies within the Distribution centre using the 5S principles and methodologies.
- · People management - supervision of the Distribution centre team to ensure that all customers (both internal and external) requirements are serviced in line with expectations.
- · Support the Freight and Distribution Manager in managing the communications and periodic reviews with all staff members, ensuring all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner.
- · Support the Freight and Distribution Manager to facilitate open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through weekly meetings.
- · Support the Freight and Distribution Manager to execute the training program.
- · Support the Freight and Distribution Manager in administration duties which include time and attendance system, Holiday planning, and succession planning.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science / Engineering / People Management or relevant qualification
- 3 /4 years' experience in a Team Lead capacity in a GMP/GDP focused Distribution centre.
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical environment is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of GMP/GDP/FDA regulatory requirements, Quality managements systems, including investigating deviations determining root cause and implementing effective CAPAs, and creating/updating local procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures.
- Previous experience or working knowledge of the Lean principles and methodologies would be an distinct advantage.
- Building and managing partnerships cross functionally.
- Strong knowledge of the logistics and distribution industry including an awareness of relevant legislation.
- Strong analytical skills to analyse and interpret challenging business situations and determine strategy.
- Strong leadership, decision-making and influencing skills to drive results and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work on own initiative, innovate and review current processes and practices.
- Proficient and experienced with SAP, WMS / IM and TMS systems in general.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications is essentials.
- An understanding and knowledge of business disciplines (supply chain management, supply network planning, demand planning.
- Knowledge of validation an advantage.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.