Job summary: Distribution centre Team Leader required, supporting the Freight and Distribution centre Manager to lead a team in a fast-paced environment.
Support and deploy the development of industry best practice procedures for optimizing the movement of product throughout the Distribution centre.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. To support the Freight and Distribution Manager to achieve the required performance targets as set out by our clients strategic goals.
2. Interacting and liaising with the Supply Chain teams locally and internationally to prioritise orders and to provide a best in class service.
3. Support the Freight and Distribution Manager to provide monthly KPI reports to management including causal analysis of unfavorable variances and corrective action plans as per our clients strategic targets and as agreed with the Distribution Centres Manager.
4. Ensure GDP compliance by the transportation providers to our clients SOPs, relating to the transportation of products, and any other legal or Regulatory requirements.
5. Through policy and procedure improvement/changes, develop inventory processes to minimise risk and improve compliance in the Distribution centre In Line with GMP&GDP requirements.
6. Managing process and material flows, space management, to maximise utilisation of the Distribution centre.
7. Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports our clients Quality policy, Quality management system and the appropriate regulations for the area they support
8. Maintaining best in class housekeeping policies within the Distribution centre using the 5S principles and methodologies.
9. People management - supervision of the Distribution centre team to ensure that all customers (both internal and external) requirements are serviced in line with expectations. This will be achieved through the application of an empowering style of leadership which draws fully on resources and capabilities of the team coupled with a positive employee relations approach.
10. Support the Freight and Distribution Manager in managing the communications and periodic reviews with all staff members, ensuring all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner.
11. Support the Freight and Distribution Manager to facilitate open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through weekly team meetings and daily interaction on the line.
12. Support the Freight and Distribution Manager to execute the training program to ensure the direct team are supported regarding provision of training to enable a right first-time approach to all activities.
13. Support the Freight and Distribution Manager in administration duties which include time and attendance system, Holiday planning, and succession planning.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor of Science / Engineering / People Management or relevant qualification.
2. 3/4 years' experience in a Team Lead capacity in a GMP/GDP focused Distribution centre. Previous experience in pharmaceutical environment is essential.
3. Strong knowledge of GMP/GDP/FDA regulatory requirements, Quality managements systems, including investigating deviations determining root cause and implementing effective CAPAs, and creating/updating local procedures.
4. Strong focus on health and safety.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures.
7. Previous experience or working knowledge of the Lean principles and methodologies would be an distinct advantage.
8. Building and managing partnerships cross functionally.
9. Strong knowledge of the logistics and distribution industry including an awareness of relevant legislation.
10. Strong analytical skills to analyse and interpret challenging business situations and determine strategy.
11. Strong leadership, decision-making and influencing skills to drive results and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation.
12. Ability to work on own initiative, innovate and review current processes and practices.
13. Proficient and experienced with SAP, WMS / IM and TMS systems in general.
14. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications is essentials.
15. An understanding and knowledge of business disciplines (supply chain management, supply network planning, demand planning.
16. Knowledge of validation an advantage.
17. Previous experience of working within a Known Consignor and AEO approved warehouse.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.