Kelly Services are recruiting a Director of Material Operations for our Pharmaceutical client in Co. Cork.
The Director of Material Operations is a member of the Site Leadership team with accountability for the site Supply Chain function.
Key aspects of this role include, material purchasing, warehouse and dispensary operations, Drug Substance shipping, bill of material and recipe management, high level and detailed capacity definition, and plant master scheduling.
Under the leadership of the Material Operations Director, the material operations team supports manufacturing by ensuring that plans are always feasible, and due dates are always valid and up to date. The team is also responsible for coordinating cross-functional activity at the site with the ultimate objective of meeting supply targets allocated through the S&OP process.
The Material Operations function supports manufacturing and packaging operations directly through the timely supply of materials.
* Maintain and develop a culture focused on safety and quality in the Material Operations team
* Accountability for Master Scheduling: Define and update, in a regular and routine fashion, with work center owners and identified process experts, the parameters needed for detailed capacity planning-including lead times, yields, success rates, run rates and shop calendars. Manage escalation and decision-making around planning time fence crashes.
* Participate as an active member of the Site Leadership Team providing leadership and support to the Material Operations team and the site.
* Ensure that material delivery and release dates align with the production plan with support from Global Procurement, as required.
* Key site interface with purchased material suppliers, building relationships, measuring and improving supplier performance and material cost.
* Ensure trade compliance in relation to material shipping to and from the site with support from Global Logistics.
* Participate in (internal or external plant governance), leading or facilitating as needed, to deliver the Site Strategic Business Plan.
* Work with master data owners to ensure that data used for production planning and scheduling are up to date.
* Lead transformation change initiatives as requested and required by Site Leadership in support of the Site Strategic Business Plan.
* Create and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace that is aligned with the company culture.
* Build focus and engagement by fostering opportunities for ownership, impact and continual professional development.
* Degree in Business, Science / Engineering, Operations Management, or Industrial Engineering required
* APICS certification and/or supply chain education preferred
* Other continuing education initiatives highly desirable (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, industry specific coursework)
* At least 8-12 years experience in a relevant manufacturing environment required.
* Experience with Master Scheduling, Inventory Analysis and Management, ERP (Oracle) systems, and new product launches required
* Demonstrated ability to partner with other functional groups to achieve business objectives required
* Experience successfully leading transformational change
* Superior communication skills - Oral, written and formal presentation skills with senior management, middle management and line staff
* Creative problem solving skills
* Comfortable and effective working indirectly through others
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position and would like further Information you can contact Niall Curley on 353-864113572 or apply through the link today with a current CV for immediate consideration.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.