As a Development Project Manager you will be responsible for delivery of onshore wind projects from the point of identification, securement of all landowner agreements, progression through the full EIA and planning processes and the grid connection process, with the ultimate target of delivering consented, economically viable and buildable projects to a point ready for construction.
You will liaise with the wider international team colleagues to ensure that work is undertaken in line with the relevant company quality and risk management processes, alongside ensuring the requirements of the Construction Project Delivery team are met.
This role will also include working with the Mergers and Acquisitions team in supporting the securement of wind farm projects and potentially other renewable technology projects at all stages of the project lifecycle and subsequently integrating successful acquisitions into RWE Renewable Ireland's growing portfolio.
Skills and experience
- Qualified to degree level in Engineering, Science, Planning or relevant related discipline.
- Experience in working on renewable energy or other infrastructure development projects from inception through to construction
- Experience in budget management and the specification and formal procurement of contracts for new projects
- Excellent stakeholder management , relationship building and communication skills with the ability to effectively liaise at all levels; from landowners, general public, local authorities, statutory bodies , contractors to senior managers
- Sound knowledge of primary Health &Safety and Environmental legislation
- Sound knowledge of legislation and Best Practice Guidance governing the panning, permitting and development of renewable energy projects in Ireland
- Strong Commercial acumen and good understanding of full project lifetime economics, key design and financial model inputs and impact on project viability.
- The ability to maintain high levels of drive and energy, setting personally challenging targets coupled with a strong desire to deliver individual and team results
- Persistence in overcoming challenges and obstacles whilst being determined to ensure things happen and that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to a satisfactory standard.
- Able to manage and prioritise workload to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.