Title: Control Systems Engineer
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
- Reporting to the Controls Manager.
- To collaborate with both colleagues and customers, decipher their needs and help with developing ideas and proposals for equipment.
- Design and develop machine control systems which comply with company and industrial standards and codes. In particular, EU safety standards (i.e., CE, 60204, etc).
- Source materials and project manage the control system build.
- Plan, write, test, and troubleshoot various software; PLC, HMI, Servo (etc.). PLC types are predominantly Allen Bradley and Siemens. To develop and incorporate robot programs (ABB and RobotStudio).
- Performing equipment commissioning, installation, and testing in the company and on-site.
- Accomplish necessary project documentation and compose Technical Files to CE and customer requirements.
- Travel when required to complete project tasks.
- Independent, hard-working individual who can embrace challenges and responsibility.
- Design control systems for automation machinery.
- Analyse and approve control systems designed by team members.
- High level of knowledge of electrical wiring, hydraulics, robotics, pneumatics.
- Carry out CE safety requirements, preferably a Certified Machinery Safety Expert.
- Develop software programs which include Siemens, Allen Bradley (HMI & PLC) and robot programs (ABB &RobotStudio).
- Conduct/supervise electrical and pneumatic panel building.
- Combine servosystems/servo-drives, stepper motors, hydraulic pumps and more.
- Knowledge of mechanical concepts with experience and understanding in how machines operate.
- Proficiency in German language is advantageous.
- Holds a current European passport and full driving license.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, mechatronics, automation or equivalent.
- Experience as an electrician with significant further training and experience in automation and machine building would also be suitable.
Company products; Robotic/pneumatic/electric automation systems, special-purpose machinery, precision engineering and tooling for automotive and medical device industries.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.