The successful candidate will be skilled in Siemens programming and HMI work and will hold a degree in electrical engineering, automation, mechatronics or equivalent. A time served electrician with considerable further training and experience in automation and machine building would also be suitable.
Control Systems Engineer
Reporting to the Controls Manager, the role will involve the following functions:
- To liaise with colleagues and customers, interpret their needs and assist with developing concepts and proposals for equipment.
- To design and develop machine control systems that comply with company and industry standards and codes, particularly EU safety standards (i.e. CE, 60204, etc.).
- To source materials and project manage the control system build.
- To plan, write, test and troubleshoot PLC, HMI, Servo (etc.) software. PLC types are mainly Allen Bradley and Siemens. To develop and integrate robot programs (ABB & RobotStudio)
- To perform equipment commissioning, installation and testing, both in the Company and on-site.
- Complete all necessary project documentation and compile Technical Files to CE and customer requirements.
- Travel as required to complete project tasks.
Desired Skills and Experience - as much as possible of the following
We are seeking an honest, independent, self-motivated hardworking person who can embrace a challenge and accept responsibility. He/she must be able to:
- Design control systems for automation machinery.
- Review and approve control systems designed by team members.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical wiring, pneumatics, hydraulics, robotics.
- implement CE safety requirements; ideally be CMSE qualified (Certified Machinery Safety Expert).
- Develop software Programs: Siemens, Allen Bradley (HMI & PLC) and robot programs (ABB & RobotStudio)
- Carry out or oversee electrical and pneumatic panel building.
- Integrate servo-systems/servo-drives, stepper motors, hydraulic pumps etc.
- Understand mechanical concepts and have experience in how machines work.
A proficiency in the German language would be helpful but not essential. The candidate should hold a current European passport a current full driving license.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.