We are recruiting for an excellent opportunity with our Waterford based client. They are a large multinational medical device company and they require an experienced control systems engineer to execute projects in a fast paced, multi-disciplined, cross-functional team environment.
- Develop and implement new technologies, controls and vision systems to improve cost and quality of existing strategic medical device products.
- Facilitate internal resources and outside vendors in developing technical solutions for automated equipment.
- Interface with equipment vendors to ensure successful machine delivery, integration and manufacturing validation.
- Develop specifications documents for new equipment and work closely with vendors to ensure the software related systems are correctly developed as per specifications.
- Provide technical expertise in the validation of new technologies to ensure they meet the Safety, Quality and Operational requirements specified.
- Develop and manage project schedules/detailed work plans in order to meet overall project goals. Communicate status of project activities on a regular basis.
- Support product, platform and cost improvement programs by delivering qualified vision systems and acquisition software, machine controls and PLC/SCADA software.
- Interface with SQA, QA and Operations groups to successfully validate software systems. Author and execute software test scripts as required.
- Identify improvement opportunities and provide business case analysis to quantify and justify automation projects.
- Provide automation requirements and implement solutions for product lines and/or capacity expansions.
- Provide technical and controls core competency support, including training to Operations and Engineering personnel on an as-needed basis, including possible off-hours, remote and onsite coverage rotation.
- Travel to vendor locations for project reviews may be required.
- Degree in Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, Computer Systems or Electronic Engineering or other similar technology degree - or equivalent training/experience
- Experience in high volume low cost manufacturing systems development desirable
- Knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies, statistical analysis and machine vision fundamentals advantageous
- Must be able to work with Operations staff, Manufacturing/Maintenance technicians and engineers in cross-functional team setting.
- 5+ years' experience with development, integration and project management of automated control systems including Vision systems, PLC's, motion control, robotics, HMI's and SCADA control systems software
- Experience with equipment build, process automation, machine vision systems development and medical products advantageous.
- Experience working in a cGMP/FDA regulated environment desirable
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.