The role is to coordinate and lead the extensive stakeholder and community consultation process for broad range of pre-consent communications activities for an onshore renewables development project portfolio.
This is a key role reporting to the Head of Onshore Renewable Development Ireland, Potential to be home based albeit regular travel to sites and Kilkenny office is essential .
- Be responsible for planning and implementing a Stakeholder Register and Engagement Strategy which is benchmarked against proven national experience having regard to equivalent scale infrastructure projects.
- To proactively implement the strategy maintaining an active risk and opportunity register on each project for the Senior Management Team.
- To plan, coordinate and record all stakeholder engagement (political, governmental, technical, business, neighbouring community and landowner stakeholders).
- To attend meetings with selected stakeholders as agreed with the Senior Management Team.
- To maintain a comprehensive record of stakeholder engagement activities and to lead on the preparation of any required documentation for internal or external reporting of same (e.g. to accompany future application(s) for statutory consent).
- To assist in the development of, and be responsible for, the implementation of a best in class community engagement strategy in conjunction with the project team.
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of the strategy, ensuring that that the message delivered to the public is that there is a genuine willingness to engage in respect of each project
- To proactively identify relevant community groups and develop effective and meaningful communication methods (including supporting tools and materials) with same.
- To undertake the role of a liaison officer and provide a two-way point of contact between community groups and innogy
- To be visible within and accessible to the relevant communities and their representative groups.
- To organise and attend engagement activities with community groups.
- To maintain comprehensive records of community engagement activities.
Facilitating Sustainable Community Support Activities
- To assist in the development of, and be responsible for, the implementation of community-based activities that facilitate and support the promotion of sustainable communities during the pre-consents phase.
- To proactively identify relevant activities or tools that bring tangible benefits to the community before, during and after the construction of the renewable energy project.
- To organise and attend engagement meetings with community groups and leaders to promote and implement sustainable community activities.
- To maintain comprehensive records of all community engagement activities.
- To develop the design and implementation of innogy's community benefit fund and / or community investment strategy in close collaboration with Innogy community investment specialists.
- To be responsible for planning and implementation of consultation processes on any project community benefit fund and / or community investment opportunity.
- To support the design and implementation of the project community benefit fund and / or community investment opportunity.
- To promote the community benefit fund and / or community investment opportunity in the local area and provide support to the organisation responsible for administering the fund and/or investment opportunity, including updating any industry community benefit fund register.
- To work closely and collaboratively with innogy's communication team.
- To ensure all external content and messaging used is approved and meets innogy's corporate governance standards.
- To be proactive and creative, identifying ideas and opportunities to ensure communications and engagement is 'best in class' and that the reputation of and innogy and its projects is exemplary.
- To ensure that all engagement by project team members with third parties utilises consistent terminology and messaging.
- Experience of managing stakeholder and community engagement activities for a regional or national scale project.
- Previous experience of working on a large-scale infrastructure project is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to positively and proactively engage with a variety of stakeholders and community members and build lasting relationships.
- Experience in the promotion and implementation of sustainable community groups and activities in Ireland.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information and to ensure that all legislative obligations are met.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and to recognise and respond to sensitive issues appropriately.
- Ability to think creatively and be solution-focused.
- Experience of organising and managing stakeholder and community meetings.
- Ability to travel and attend events/ meetings at short notice (during the day, in the evening and at weekends as necessary.
- An understanding of the wind energy sector is not essential as training will be provided.
- Driving Licence for Ireland is essential
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.