Kelly Services are seeking an experienced Cell Culture/Virology Supervisor for our Global Pharmaceutical client in Co. Mayo.
You will work in the Biologics Division and be responsible for a Cell Culture/Virology Laboratory along with a team of 2-3 Analysts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the quality of work produced by the Cell Culture/Virology team and ensure it is conducted in accordance with SOPs and the principles of GMP.
- To implement and supervise safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Provide feedback on performance to analysts working on Client specific projects.
- Prepare costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
- Assist in the transfer of assays from clients to the Department.
- Participate in regulatory and client audits and liaising with clients as required.
- Assist in the generation of appropriate SOPs
- Assist Project Leaders in research of technical information for incoming new enquiries.
- Responsible for compiling audit response
- Responsible for supporting staff with deviations and laboratory investigation reports.
- Responsible for ensuring all raw data and test results including protocols, reports etc are retained and archived
- Liaise with consultants and external services (e.g. subcontract laboratories) as appropriate
- Scheduling daily tasks to analyst, ensuring appropriate workload.
- BSc. In a relevant science discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology)
- 3+ years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or CRO Industry.
- Experience in analytical techniques (e.g. HPLC, ELISA, Western Blot) essential.
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative
Please apply though the link or contact Niall Curley on 086-4113572 for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.