Job Title: Automation Engineer
Location: Co. Kildare
Our client is currently looking for an Automation Engineer to join their team in the Kildare area.
The role is based with a process control, automation and instrumentation company, supplying services to the water and power industries.
The successful candidate will have strong debugging skills with electrical and computer knowledge along with excellent customer services skills and the ability to work both as part of a team and off their own initiative.
Travel throughout the country will also be required from time to time.
- Assist in control and automation designs for projects related to the Water and Waste-water industry
- Preparation of project documentation including FDS and OMM's.
- Assist Sales Team in the generation of costings for projects
- Responsible for Systems, Software and Electrical Drawings
- Design and programming of PLC/HMI control systems
- Design and implementation of SCADA systems
- Design and implementation of Telemetry systems
- Testing of control panels and automation systems including FAT and SAT
- Provide technical support to existing customers
- Liaise with clients, project managers and vendors
- Degree Level 8 in Engineering - Electrical, Automation and Control
- 5 years post qualification experience and strong interest in automation engineering
- PLC Programming experience (Allen Bradley, Siemens, ABB)
- SCADA experience ICONICS, Intouch, Wonderware, WinCC
- Strong understanding of industrial control systems, willing to learn and capable of learning in live project environments
- Previous relevant experience in water/power systems an advantage and instrumentation/measurement experience a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of object orientated programming
- Ability to collaborate at a variety of levels, coupled with excellent organisation, planning and team building skills
- In addition to problem solving, project management ability is essential
- Full, clean driving license
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.