Our client, a Waterford based pharmaceutical company, are looking to recruit an experienced Automation Engineer for their County Waterford site. The successful candidate will provide Automation and Equipment engineering support to site systems and process equipment and to ensure they are operated, improved and maintained to meet Customer and compliance requirements.
The engineer must have prior sterile fill finish experience!
- Facilitate internal resources and outside vendors in developing technical solutions for automated equipment. Interface with equipment vendors to ensure successful equipment delivery, integration and validation.
- Maintain PLC automation systems in a validated state in compliance with site change control.
- Understand the requirements of computer systems validation and ensure compliance is maintained.
- Act as operations support for Fill Finish and Oral Dose facilities.
- Interface with Operations, IT, QS and QA groups to successfully validate software systems and adherence to life cycle management and system maintenance
- Provide automation requirements and implement solutions for new products and/or capacity expansions
- Support disaster recovery and back up procedures and processes to ensure business impact is minimized in the event of a failure.
- Provide technical and automation core competency support, including possible off-hours, remote and onsite coverage. This also includes operations / engineering training on basic troubleshooting
- Management of Automation vendors during equipment troubleshooting and upgrade activities Health, Safety and the Environment
- Comply at all times with the Health, Safety and Environmental policy and associated procedures.
- Continuously promote a positive safety culture by challenging yourself and others to prioritize safety in everything you do. Quality Compliance
- Ensure all work carried out, is in compliance with the required standards, conforming to company, cGMP, cGLP, SOP's and regulatory guidelines.
- Take ownership for quality compliance in all activities you are responsible for.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering degree in Electronics, Electro-mechanical or equivalent training/experience
- Minimum of 5 year's engineering experience within Pharma Industry.
- Experience with Siemens S7 PLCs and WinCC flexible desirable.
- Experience with Fill Finish equipment required.
- Experience working in a cGMP/FDA/HPRA regulated environment.
- Experience with Industrial Ethernet and Scada systems
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.